Artist Statement
I always loved the dynamics behind
science and how it broke down just about every aspect in the world. The
discovery and the questioning of everything in existence gifted me with a need
of curiosity about the world and the universe itself. Ironically, the one thing
I never did was question myself and ask "who is it that I want to
become". I decided to explore the world from an artistic point of view
rather than the logical way that I was accustomed to. This exploration led me
to the world of film production and screenwriting.
I learned to truly appreciate what
it was to be able to create something out of nothing. However, compared to the
other forms of artistic expression film and screenwriting have a unique touch
which makes them very special to me. It is the challenge of telling a
compelling story though a moving visual media. However, that story can simply
be just a story to an audience but to the creator of that story that world
becomes real. Their own truths, experiences, emotions, everything that makes
that person who they are manifests itself through their story. It is through
that medium that I have been able to have a voice of my own, a real way to show
and tell the world how I feel, my truths, my experiences, my perspective of the
universe. Life is already hard as it, some more than others, but my way of identifying
the world around me is through film and screenwriting. One thing is to study
the universe, but I find more personal fulfillment in creating one for others to
enjoy.
Comments
Post a Comment